June 11, 2010

10 Things That Happen at My House Almost Daily

1. Pee on the floor.
2. Coffee delivered to me from my Sweetie, whether I’m in the shower, changing a diaper or still in bed.
3. All three children yelling for me at the same time. (MomMamaMommy! anyone?)
4. Not getting to the phone in time to hear who’s calling.
5. Snacks prepared by me and consumed by my children.
6. Food on the floor (and the walls).
7. More than one child saying, “I love you, Mom(MamaMommy).”
8. Laughing.
9. Laundry. In some form or another.
10. Possibility: Five people living together. Happily. Humbled.*

* This last one here inspired by Melissa at Making Things Up.
Check out her Six Word Fridays!

Read More in Jen Writes, motherhood, three kids

#1? Please tell me you have a dog….
.-= Liz´s last blog ..Greasy cheeseburgers + salty fries + ice cream = Unexpected joy =-.

Sorry to say, Liz, no dog. Just a toddler who can remove her diaper. And a 4-year-old taken to regressing.

Coffee in bed. Used to do that every day…miss it SO much. That and a book to lounge in bed with for hours. I’ll say it again in six words:

I freakin’ miss that so much!
.-= Christine LaRocque´s last blog ..!!! =-.

Nicki writes

Hope you have hardwood floors. Once told my then sister-in-law it was potty training the twins that made the hardwood floor look so good – daily urine dosings.
.-= Nicki´s last blog ..Trying to Find My Voice =-.

Nicki, We do have hardwood floors. In most of the house. Why is it, then, that the girls pee in the one carpeted room? Or on the little area rugs? Or the bathmat?

Natalie replies

hahahaha – I haven’t had the heart to mention to husband that our twins will soon be ready for that. Unfortunately this apartment is carpeted.

Samantha writes

Take away the coffee in bed, and throw in on daily dose of “one boy is about to kill another boy” fight between the oldest, and it sounds an awful lot like my house!
.-= Samantha´s last blog ..Here we go.. =-.

To #1 – Thank goodness for hardwood floors! Except for the part about three kids, I found myself nodding to your list.

I’m such a list lover, I lapped this up. Happily and humbled, indeed.
.-= Justine´s last blog ..Photo Friday: Water baptism =-.

Gibby writes

I think number 2 is a !!!, right?
.-= Gibby´s last blog ..Friday Foto =-.

Caffeine-pee+ snacks-constant needs= motherhood.
.-= Heather Caliri´s last blog ..check out my guns =-.

MidnightCafe writes

Love your list! We are also 5 people, but the ages are vastly different. So, there tends to be more emotional drama around here…less pee on the floor. ;)
.-= MidnightCafe´s last blog ..Picnic =-.

Eva @ Eva Evolving writes

I. Love. This. So true and revealing and overwhelming but also joyful. Thank goodness for the coffee and the laughing and the “I love you Mom.” Makes the pee on the floor manageable.

My house almost every day?
Coffee. Strong Starbucks beans with hazelnut creamer.
Shower. I don’t feel human if I don’t get my shower.
Dog chasing one or both cats.
Laughing at said dog.
Chocolate. Just a little piece that melts on my tongue.
.-= Eva @ Eva Evolving´s last blog ..I Don’t Care! (…but actually I do) =-.

#2 sounds delightful. Almost makes up for #1!

Here’s something I wonder: if there was less laundry to do, how would we spend all that extra time? Because ohmygosh the laundry, it is eating me alive. Always.
.-= Melissa´s last blog ..tell me =-.

Aging Mommy writes

Coffee, ice cream and chocolate. Every day. That’s what keeps me going.

Amber writes

Pee on the floor? Oh gosh. I know that will happen soon enough. Does pee in the bathtub count? (That happens often around here.)

Even with all the bustle, the love you feel for your family is palpable. When asked about life with two from friends, I often explain that it is busy, loud, and joyful. Worth every minute, if you ask me.
.-= Amber´s last blog ..Just Call Me Dr. Ferber =-.

Belinda Munoz + The Halfway Point writes

What a heart-warming list. A full house. A full life. Full hearts.

And pee is inifntely better than poo.

Do I live there or do you live here? I can so relate to #1, as we are finally potty training our youngest. And the choruses of MOMmammamommy are deafening at times…But, like you, I would not trade it for anything in the world!
.-= Maria´s last blog ..!!! for June 11, 2010 =-.

becca writes

#1 me too, but from the dog
#2 I can only dream. Although, I’m not sure I trust anyone to make my coffee but me!
#4 I don’t even make any attempt to try to get to the phone when I hear it ringing. People who know me text me, email me or know I’m screening them…

Your home sounds like one well lived in and well loved in!
.-= becca´s last blog ..When she Grows Up =-.

Maria @BOREDmommy writes

My 3yo likes to pee on the floor for some reason. Luckily, she’ll ask if she’s allowed before she attempts it. This all began when she peed on the sidewalk one day and thought it was the best thing ever.
.-= Maria @BOREDmommy´s last blog ..Greater Than What Now? =-.

Cranky Sarah writes

You know, even though I find the pee and the constant stream of “Mommy[Mommy]{Mommy}” to be grating on my nerves, since this is a list of being a mother I love it!
.-= Cranky Sarah´s last blog ..I don’t accept “Boys will be boys” =-.

#2, 7, and 8 sound mighty nice to me. And hate to tell you, but even when they’re teens – yelling (phone), snacks (always), laundry (endless) are still in the picture.

Fortunately, laughing is, too.
.-= BigLittleWolf´s last blog ..Books, files, clothes, shoes: My life in the closet =-.

Hear Mum Roar writes

A lot of that could be our house!
.-= Hear Mum Roar´s last blog ..Partners in crime this morning =-.

Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla writes

I love this, Jen. My husband delivers a cup of 20 mini pretzels to me, my breakfast every day (sick and weird, I know!) My son will walk out of the house with his shoes in his hands not on his feet for some reason. Love the sounds of morning!
.-= Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla´s last blog ..Falling Down, Getting Back Up =-.

This could be my list….
.-= Tiffany´s last blog ..Spreading the News =-.

Krissy @ Artsy Mom writes

LOL!! Those are all things that happen in my house too. Must be typical. :) I thought I was the only one who frequently had baby pee on my floor. My 2 year old wants to potty train herself..but forgets to go to the potty when she has to go. We go through a lot of paper towels, needless to say.

.-= Krissy @ Artsy Mom´s last blog ..Who doesn’t love a good carnival?? =-.

ck writes

In my house #2 almost makes up for #9.

Almost…

My life is the same minus number 2. My hubby is long gone out the door by time the kiddos get up at 7am. Since we gave #2 the #86 then I would add making sure my house is pristine (for now) since it is on the market and we have a showing practically every day to the list. Now, that is stress, and I can’t wait until it is all over because the 10 list plus selling your home is enough to warrant chocolate every day and I don’t want to gain that kind of weight.
.-= alita´s last blog ..I heart faces- babies! =-.

SuziCate writes

Sounds like a wonderfully happy and loving home!

Liz @ Peace, Love & Guacamole writes

We have the #1 problem too, but from our aging dog. Thankfully, she also takes care of the #6 problem.

Love #10. Love possibility!
.-= Liz @ Peace, Love & Guacamole´s last blog ..Sunday Grace =-.

Between the sound of the washing machine and all three children yelling, crying, and laughing in turn, I don’t bother to listen for the phone anymore. Is the ring even turned on?? No idea!
.-= Stacia´s last blog ..The Hand-Off =-.