June 18, 2010

Appetite.

I wish we could go back
to that first meal we shared
together in a small, darkish restaurant.

I wish I could watch us
From just a few tables away.
Would I predict our bright future?

Read More in Jen Writes, three kids

Oh the memories that your words evoke! (Mine was in dingy Chinese restaurant, but the memories are very bright) Well done Jen.
.-= Christine LaRocque´s last blog ..Everyday !!! =-.

My husband played a Sting song
the night we decided to date:
“I was brought to my senses”
Two days ago I heard it.
One song bringing eight rich years.
.-= Heather Caliri´s last blog ..help. =-.

For us it was Aerosmith’s “Pink.”
Already twelve years ago. And counting.

Liz @ Peace, Love & Guacamole replies

I played Madonna’s Crazy for You.
As you can guess, forever ago.
Love that we have other songs
For every stage of our journey.
.-= Liz @ Peace, Love & Guacamole´s last blog ..Temptation =-.

I often wonder what a picture we might have made in those early days of our relationship and marriage…

But it would be nothing in comparison to what we look like now!
.-= Maria´s last blog ..!!!-Intentional Happiness for the week of June 18, 2010 =-.

There’s so much, just in those few lines. Poignant.
.-= BigLittleWolf´s last blog ..Opposites Attract =-.

Belinda Munoz + The Halfway Point writes

Oh how this takes me back,
He and I in Psych class,
Sharing notes, becoming friends, later, more.

Did you know? Did you suspect?
Had you already guessed the future?
(I love this glimpse into memory!)
.-= Melissa´s last blog ..six word fridays: appetite =-.

Oooh! Love this. I remember, when hubs and I were first dating, I’d look out at some of the couples in the restaurant (the ones not talking or engaged) and I’d think, “Thank God that will never be us.”
.-= TheKitchenWitch´s last blog ..Save-My-Ass Summer: Grilled Jalapeno Poppers =-.

Eva @ Eva Evolving writes

Small, darkish restaurants always make for good romance!
.-= Eva @ Eva Evolving´s last blog ..Remember the Ps (and battling squirrels) =-.

Mrs.Mayhem writes

Wish I could go back, too. Our first date was at the dump. No joke. Oh, the romance. Truly, I wonder what exactly he was thinking, bringing a date to the dump.

Good thing i gave him another chance.
.-= Mrs.Mayhem´s last blog ..Unconfined Joy =-.

Now THAT is a unique beginning!

Your appetite is a reference to your relationship, too. I get that! It is always good to be a little hungry in a relationship. It makes the future so much better. If we could all go back to our first date! I know I would follow my same instincts as I did the first time.
.-= alita´s last blog ..I’m a !!! Virgin. =-.

Thanks, Alita. I like the way you see this. I always find writing prompts so revealing.

Hyacynth writes

Big (good) sigh. Me too.

ck writes

This made me remember the first meal my husband and I had together. We were freshmen in college, both with no money. He ordered a pizza from a nice restaurant. The restaurant turned out to be a little “nicer” than we thought because when we went to pick it up it was over $20. He would’ve played it off, but I caught his eyes bulge just a little bit. It was the best pizza I’ve ever had.

Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla writes

I think about this too, now that I’ve been on a 19-year journey with my husband (together, married 17). Our first meal at a Chinese restaurant. Me thinking “how many more first dates can I live through? How many more biographies can I sit and listen to and pretend I’m interested in?” And then – was it the first kiss? – shazamm.
.-= Linda at Bar Mitzvahzilla´s last blog ..The Better Version of Me =-.

Left something for you girls on my blog….
.-= Maria´s last blog ..The man in my life… =-.

Mama Zen writes

I love this!
.-= Mama Zen´s last blog ..The Pot Calling The Kettle? =-.

Kim Luu writes

Oh how cute Jen.

Hmm. I laughed at my husband when he asked me out and told him I couldn’t do that because he was like a brother to me.

When we first met, I was dating someone already and convinced him to date a girlfriend who had the hots for him.
.-= Kim Luu´s last blog ..Guardianship – A Critical Protection for Your Child =-.

Oh I love this, Jen! LOVE IT! It made me smile. Really, really smile. It’s amazing how sometimes the less we write, the more we say. I think I might have to jump on this Friday 6 word bandwagon…!

Gibby writes

I remember so many of our first few dinners together. What fun they were! Now we scour the kids’ menus before even looking at each other over the table as we are seated. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Claudia Schlottman writes

Ah! The memories this evokes for me. That white hot yet invisible energy of first love. I first met my husband at work, and when I looked at him, my knees almost buckled! Didn’t even know his name, but I was in love!