May 1, 2010

Five for Ten Again: TOPICS!!!

• May 10 & 11 — Courage

• May 12 & 13 — Happiness

• May 14 & 15 — Memory

• May 16 & 17 — Lust

• May 18 & 19 — Yes

The topics are broad. General. You can tweak them however you want. They can be funny, introspective, academic, vulnerable. Whatever you wish. Be creative. Be daring. But most of all, be yourself.

Two things of note:

1. The last topic, Yes, is in honor of Aidan Donnelley Rowley’s debut novel, Life After Yes, which hits bookshelves on May 18th. The timing couldn’t be more perfect, right? I’m excited to read it. Are you?
  2. A challenge: If you can mention Chips and Dip in one of your five posts, you’ll get some bonus points with us! Not sure why the heck I’m talking about Chips and Dip? Well clearly you need to read or reread the Rules and Regulations. Oh, and read the comments on that post, too. We had many more enthusiasts than we had expected. And, to be honest, it was on the initial list of topics before I got skittish and thought everyone would be glancing at me askew and scratching their heads, going HUH?!

*******************

Shall we go over the dates again? Monday, May 10th (day after MOTHER’S DAY) through Wednesday, May 19th.

And shall we quickly go over the rules again? Rules. Blech. Hate that word. Oh well, let’s recap:

• Read Momalom daily and comment
  • Write one post on each topic
  • Publish your post during the two-day topic window
  • Link up your post on our site after you publish it

So basically: Write, comment & be merry. Kind of your ordinary blog day, right?

If you are just arriving here, well, then where have you been? Oh wait, I meant to say HI, and here’s more information on Five for Ten, along with who’s on board so far. Jump on in, the water’s warm and we’re all quite welcoming. Some might think I’m friendlier on the blog than in real life. Shh, it’s totally a secret.

MORE INFO:

Come on, join us!

Read More in Sarah Writes, three kids

Yeah!! Let’s get this party started!

Also I LOVE that you guys are paying tribute to Aidan. So perfect!

Sarah replies

I’m especially looking forward to the YES posts. I think it’s my favorite topic and so perfectly coincides with the launch of Aidan’s book!

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities replies

I am so thrilled and excited to be participating in Five for Ten particularly during what will be a very exciting and anxious time for me. In truth, I cannot imagine anything better than being surrounded by a pack of thoughtful friends and writers during this time. Thank you, Jen and Sarah, for including me and honoring the debut of LAY!

ShannonL writes

Wow! All of my favourite bloggers are participating! I can’t wait! Um, we can still read and comment without writing our own posts, right?!

Sarah replies

Shannon,
First of all, welcome!
You can certainly still read and comment. I wouldn’t deter you from that! However, full participation includes posting on the topics above. We feel it’s a good way for us to get to know one another and keep the conversation alive across many different blogs! It’s up to you, though, and what you feel you can commit to.
Hope to see you here one way or another!

ShannonL replies

Ok, I’m going for it! Yay! :-)

Tepary writes

Excited to be on board. Hope I can keep up. Can you explain a little more about the Yes topic?
.-= Tepary´s last blog ..Life Lessons – Community =-.

Sarah replies

I have officially deferred this one to Aidan, however I will give it my own brief perspective.

How has saying YES changed your life?
OR
When have you said YES and what did it mean?
OR
What does YES mean to you…now and then (aka Before Children)?
OR
ANYTHING ELSE HAVING TO DO WITH YES. Saying yes, meaning yes, wanting to say yes, having said yes and wishing you didn’t…etc etc.

And, of course, this is all off the top of my head because, you know, that’s pretty much the only way I can operate these days.

Hope this helps. I’ll let you know if Aidan can help out a bit with this one. In the end, however, each topic is open to personal interpretation. We are not expecting them all to be essays on what each topic means, but rather your usual blog posting style crafted around the ideas that each topic brings to you.

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities replies

Sarah did a great job elaborating on this one… In my view, YES is a vast and rich topic and can really mean anything – Engagement, Commitment, Optimism, Compromise… Are you more of a Yes person or a No person? Do you say “Yes” too often? As women or mothers, are we expected to utter this word at all times and do it all? Whom are we letting down by not saying yes at every turn?

As an aside, after much struggle finding the right title for my book, LIFE AFTER YES jumped out at me. And the more I thought about it, the more I loved it. Indeed it is about one woman’s life after she says “yes” to a marriage proposal, but it is really about so much more – saying “yes” to a career, to a dream, to the possibility of happiness…

Okay, I will stop rambling now! The point is that I think that YES is a big and wonderful topic and all of us will have plenty to say on the 18th and 19th…

That said, if you have any further questions, fire away! (I love questions.)

Sarah replies

Aidan,
Thanks so much for elaborating. Can’t wait to get the book launch celebration under way, Five for Ten style.

Amy at Never-True Tales writes

Great topics! I can’t wait to get started!
.-= Amy at Never-True Tales´s last blog ..Dearest, Most Involved Husband… =-.

Cindy writes

Oh, goody – topics! And I was just thinking I needed to get my blog going again. Serendipity! Will have to start thinking about what to write Thanks, Jen and Sarah!!
.-= Cindy´s last blog ..Long Time No Blog =-.

Jill writes

I will be there. Sorry I hadn’t mentioned before this. Been reading along but during my lunch at work and via feed because, well, I’m at work. Plus I’ve had this pulmonary problem that has me in bed before the kids so coming back to raise my hand and be happy someone is giving me direction for posts is great- my brain needs all the help it can get.

I’m in. But May 10th is totally my blogoversary and I have a post ready for THAT day. So my first post will be the 11th. I’ll be HERE though!! (Actually, maybe I can tweak it…)
.-= Jill´s last blog ..For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)* =-.

Sarah replies

Jill,
No worries whatsoever. I read a lot of blogs on my phone and always feel badly for not commenting. But it’s how it goes sometimes you know?

So glad that you’ll be joining us again. Yay!!!
And yeah, I think the topics are going to help ALL of us!

I’m in, but only for the chips and dip. OK, and the camaraderie. =>
.-= Stacia´s last blog ..Haiku Friday =-.

Corinne writes

LOVE the topics! They’re swirling around in my brain… so looking forward to all the reading and commenting and blog loving :)
.-= Corinne´s last blog ..Realities and Blessings III =-.

Kelly writes

I think posting on the Yes topic should entitle one to a free signature by the author if it coincides with purchase of Life After Yes. Right?
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..My Do-Over =-.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son writes

I JUST found your blog and I’m so excited to participate in this! Can’t wait for next week.
.-= Allison @ Alli ‘n Son´s last blog ..A Child or a Puppy? =-.